All students who have completed 12 or more credits in their major program are considered for merit scholarships based on their academic performance as a graduate student in a Penn State at the Navy Yard master’s degree program. No application is necessary.
Students with financial need may submit a scholarship application by September 15 each year to be considered for need-based awards. These scholarships are offered each fall to a limited number of students with both financial need and strong academic records. Funds are dispersed in the spring semester.
- Be formally admitted to a Penn State at the Navy Yard master’s degree program.
- Be designated as a residential student (not in an online World Campus program).
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Enroll in and complete 12 credits over the academic year, typically two courses in each the fall and spring semesters.
- Submit the Scholarship Application.
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Both the campus application and FAFSA must be received by September 15. Applications received after September 15 will be considered for spring semester awards only if funds are available. Note: spring scholarships are rarely awarded.
Scholarship applications and awards are for one academic year only. Students who wish to be considered for need-based scholarships must submit a new campus application and new FAFSA each year.
Need-based scholarships are typically announced in the fall semester and posted to spring semester accounts after enrollment criteria is met. Award communications will be sent to the student's Penn State email and/or home address.