The Distributed Energy Innovation Partnership (DEIP) convenes industry, academic, nonprofit, and public agency leaders to conduct research, education, and outreach on distributed energy technologies including solar, energy storage, combined heat and power, microgrids, electric vehicle infrastructure, and building/campus energy management. Headquartered at The Navy Yard, DEIP serves as a nexus for collaboration and exchange for regional, national and global applications of distributed energy systems. The partnership leverages interdisciplinary expertise to advance research in critical topics and to grow capacity of students and professionals as leaders in the pursuit of a vibrant distributed energy industry.
- UNECE Global Building Network
- DOE Mid-Atlantic Combined Heat and Power Technical Assistance Partnership
- Energy Storage and Microgrid Training and Certification Program (ESAM-TAC)
- Distributed Energy Innovation Symposium — featuring demonstrations and research results on critical topics by industry leaders, rising professionals, and faculty.
- Internship and immersive leadership programs — offering undergraduate and graduate students opportunities to gain unique work experience, earn academic credit, and contribute to key research efforts.
- Advisory Board — allowing members to shape research agenda and guide design of DEIP programs and activities.
In addition to supporting the collective growth of the distributed energy industry and marketplace, organizations and individuals that participate in DEIP gain valuable access to the combined capabilities of world class research teams as well as emerging talent.
- PA Department of Environmental Protection
- ProtoGen Energy