G.I. Bill® Benefits
Penn State at the Navy Yard is grateful for the service veterans have given to our country and is honored to help veterans pursue their educational goals.
Veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces who are enrolled in the MBA or project management certificate program may be eligible for G.I. Bill® education benefits as determined by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Penn State will certify veterans' enrollment status to the VA to expedite payment of G.I. Bill® benefits.
Every student receiving G.I. Bill® benefits should register for and use a premium eBenefits account. On the eBenefits website, students can view their remaining entitlement, delimiting date, enrollment certification dates, and other important G.I. Bill® information.
Take these steps to get started with G.I. Bill® benefits at Penn State at the Navy Yard through Penn State Great Valley's academic offerings:
- Apply for benefits through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Eligible veterans will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) describing the type of benefit to which you are entitled, the percentage of your entitlement, and the time period for your benefit.
- Sign up for a premium VA eBenefits account.
- Provide a copy of your eBenefits Enrollment Status page, or a copy of your COE, to the Penn State Great Valley school certifying officials by email to [email protected] or in person at the Office of Student Services.
- Submit an Enrollment Verification Request each semester to the Penn State Great Valley VA school certifying officials by email to [email protected] or in person at the Office of Student Services. To assure your benefit is applied to your account before your semester bill due date, submit your request 4–6 weeks before the first day of every semester.
- Monitor LionPATH to ensure your University bursar account reflects G.I. Bill® payments.
Eligible veterans and actively serving members of the military may request priority registration privileges at Penn State, which is helpful for classes that fill quickly.
Veterans using G.I. Bill® benefits are also eligible for federal student loans.
G.I. Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U. S. government website at https://benefits.va.gov/gibill/.