- All students enrolled in graduate courses can begin accumulating PDOs. Students will earn one (1) PDO for each course taken thereafter.
- Courses taken before summer 2013 do not earn PDOs.
- Students must complete a graduate course and receive a grade of "C" or higher.
- Only graduate courses offered earn PDOs. An online course that is required to complete a residential graduate degree can also earn a PDO.
- Each graduate course of three (3) credits earns one (1) PDO.
- Students must be enrolled in a graduate certificate or degree program. This program does not apply to non-credit certification or continuing education programs.
- PDOs can be used right away or accumulated to cover an entire certification program.
- Students may register for an entire certification program ONLY when they have accumulated enough PDOs for the entire program, or they commit to pay for the balance of the program.
- Most non-credit courses require 2 PDOs, and workshops 1 PDO.
- PDOs can be used only once.
- Students have up to three (3) years after graduation to redeem their PDOs.
- PDOs cover registration fees only—does not include books, materials, or any other class costs.
- PDOs have no cash value and cannot be transferred or sold.
- Not all professional development classes and workshops are offered every semester.
- A schedule of eligible classes and workshops for the semester will be announced through email, on-campus postings, and designated online webpages.
- Registration deadlines will be set when classes are announced